Ohioblog: A Swing State Journal
Wednesday, September 08, 2004
Ohioblog is no spring Buckeye. This explains a subscription to the AARP Bulletin, which in its most recent edition offers a story explaining that too many (old?) men
are grumpy but don't have to be.
Grumpiness is not always an affliction. Sometimes, it's a choice.
The best part of the AARP story by Brad Edmondson is list of the Top 10 Grouches. It comes from psychotherapist Jed Diamond's book The Irritable Male Syndrome: Managing the Four Key Causes of Depression and Aggression and is very political:
1. John Ashcroft, Attorney General
2. Charles Heston, Former NRA president
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
4. Rush Limbaugh, Radio talk show host
5. Bobby Knight, Texas Tech basketball coach
6. Dr. Phil, TV help show host/author
7. Donald Trump, Rich man with TV show
8. Dick Cheney, U.S vice president
9. Ralph Nader, Independent presidential candidate
10. Gollum, the antihero of The Lord of the Rings
Inference: Republicans are grouchier than Democrats.
- Steve Love
posted by Ohioblog: A Swing State Journal at 7:18 AM
Copyright 2004 Knight Ridder. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Knight Ridder is expressly prohibited.